Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Love/Hate - My personal musings

I wanted to share a few of my random thoughts this evening. This post is for the things that I Love or Hate.

I Love:
having my hubby give me a long hug (it just feels so amazing)

my kitchen aid mixer - it took getting married and receiving gift cards to have this wonderful friend

my old worn out warm sweatshirt

eating kettle corn popcorn

getting new photography magazines in the mail (yes I am a dork)

taking a moment to watch the sunset

having my cats look cute when they are sleeping outside of my office door

listening to Breakfast with the Beatles on Sunday mornings (almost always miss this because I am sleeping or I forget or I am in the car with someone who doesn't love them as much as me)

the A&E version of Pride and Prejudice

the DVDR recorder because I can record all my shows on Thursday night and watch them much quicker (it saves time I tell ya!)

Weddings -duh - even when I am there as part of the bridal party or being a guest I can't help but think of all the cool things going on. I am always looking for photos even when I am suppose to be relaxing.

sleeping in

getting goosebumps when you know you got the shot and you can just see the emotion and artistry in the image (Luck is when preparation meets opportunity. My dad used to talk to me about this quote for baseball/softball. You spend hours and hours of time practicing and then that perfect pitch comes along and you take advantage of it and hit a long one. Photography is much like that because you have to keep your skills sharp and practice all kinds of thing so that when the perfect lighting along with the perfect background comes along you know how to best use it-Thanks Dad!)

I Hate:
wet socks - most often when I am doing the dishes (now I remove them before I start)

being late for anything

forgetting to wear earrings

strapless bras (hello funky contraption)

standing in line for anything

when my coffee gets cold before I have time to drink it all (Ben bought me a coffee maker that has really helped this because it keeps coffee super hot for a long time)

No comments: